On Track Behavior System (OTBS) is a school-wide process of helping students learn positive behaviors and strategies to help him/her achieve important social and academic goals.
1. Be consistent with the way we teach positive behaviors.
2. Use data on a regular basis to make decisions about how to improve support to increase positive behaviors.
3 Establish and implement a process for reinforcing behaviors.
4. Promote a safe, learning environment for each student by increasing instructional time.
When a student demonstrates OnTrack behavior, he/she may receive a coupon. Students may earn OnTrack coupons in all settings throughout the day. Coupons are used to earn rewards.
Targeted behaviors include:
Respect, Responsibility, Ready
Please look forward to your child earning and bringing home coupons. When your child earns a coupon, please take time at home to celebrate his/her positive behaviors. Ask your child to tell about the positive behavior that was demonstrated. Coupons may remain at home as a celebration and reminder of your child’s success.
Information and Procedures
TO VERIFY YOUR STUDENT ABSENCE
Chose one of the following methods:
- Send an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a Fax to (410)751-3667
- Call the school at (410)751-3661 between 8:00 am. - 4:00 pm
- Send a signed note with your student upon their return to school
Absences not verified by a parent/guardian within 5 days of the student’s return to school will be coded as "unlawful".
IS YOUR STUDENT ARRIVING LATE OR LEAVING EARLY?
The parent/guardian shall provide verification by one of the following three ways:
- A signed note from a parent/guardian with reason
- A doctor’s note
- The parent/guardian may sign their student in/out.
Reminder: In the event that a student must leave during the school day, a signed note from the parent/guardian is required. Students will get a pass from the early-dismissal table in the early morning. This will help to alleviate classroom disruptions during the school day.
Extended Absence Work Request
After a student has missed 3 school days, the parent/guardian may call the counseling office at 410-751-3662 to request work. Teachers have twenty four hours to gather work and it's the parent/guardians responsibly to verify that work has been gathered and is ready for pickup in our main office. Please keep in mind that teachers can only gather work during their planning times so please place your call accordingly.
Field Trip Make-up Work
Teams and grade levels may plan field trips throughout the school year. These trips should be curricular-based and used as a means to enhance student learning.
At times, a student will attend a trip that is outside of his/her academic team. Such an occasion may be for a county-wide band assessment or chorus program. In these situations, students are expected to communicate their absence with their classroom teachers, request any missed work, and have the work completed by the next class period.
Absence Definitions and Timelines
- Present Full Day: In attendance for 4 hours or more of the school day.
- Absent Half Day: In attendance for at least 2 hours of the school day, but less than 4 hours
- Tardy in the morning: Arrives between 8:35am and 11:10am
- Absent half-day morning: Arrives after 11:10am
- Absent for full day: Leaves before 10:35am or Arrives after 1:10pm
- Absent Half Day afternoon: Leaves before 12:35pm
- Early Dismissal: Leaves after 12:35pm
School Hours: 8:35am to 3:10pm